The Atheon exploit that allowed players to easily clear the final Vault of Glass boss by knocking him off his platform has been fixed with today's update.
The latest update for Destiny(patch 220.127.116.11) is now live, which means you will need to log in again after returning to the title screen. However, you shouldn't be kicked from actitivies. It's a fairly straightforward update which,according to Bungie, should make Destiny "a more stable experience for all players."
"We’re also changing the player experience in the Raid to ensure that the activity provides an endgame challenge that meets project goals for the intended level of difficulty," Bungie added.
Below are the full patch notes for Destiny update 18.104.22.168:
- Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
- Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
- Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code
- Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
- Increased protection against account corruption
- Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
- Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform
- Bungie says more updates in the future for Destiny, promising that future enhancements currently being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and an increase in the number of Bounties you can have at once.